After Sonia, Rahul Gandhi, KCR meets Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday held discussions with TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao, amid speculations over the merger of or pre-poll tie-up between the two parties ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
The meeting between the two leaders comes against the backdrop of Rao calling on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi early on Monday and his meeting with Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
"I had a meeting with Rao. We had preliminary discussions on the relationship between TRS and Congress, as he had committed that once Telangana state is created, he is prepared to merge his party," Singh told reporters here.
Queried about the status of the talks between the two parties, he reiterated that it was "preliminary."
Rao had met Sonia Gandhi yesterday sparking speculation of the merger of two parties after Parliament passed the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill, approving the creation of a separate Telangana state.
Singh, who is in-charge of Andhra Pradesh affairs of the party, said new Pradesh Congress Committees would be constituted soon for Seemandhra and Telangana.
According to Congress sources, central in-charges of the party are holding discussions with leaders from both the regions for constituting the committees.
"We are in consultation with leaders from both the regions for preparing two panels for the States. After the process is completed, it would be sent to the approval of the top leadership," a Congress leader said.
Those in charge of Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh are expected to meet tomorrow as well to conclude the list of leaders to be nominated for various positions in Seemandhra and Telangana regions.
Andhra Pradesh PCC president Botcha Satyanarayana was also present in the meeting, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!