Agents arrested for illegal booking, sale of railway tickets
Hyderabad: As many as 48 agents were arrested by the Railway Protection Force (RPF) from different parts of the city for procuring and supplying railway reservation e-tickets by creating several identities on the IRCTC portal and illegally blocking train tickets.
According to RPF Inspector Ashwini Kumar, raids over the past 20 days against agents who were stopped from booking tickets (between 10 am to 12 pm) had booked and sold tickets to customers, after creating different online identities.
"The accused ran a racket of unauthorised blocking of train tickets for the past several months and created many identities on the IRCTC portal. As agents, they cannot create personal identities and sell tickets, since it will result in loss of licence fees to the railways," he said.
RPF Secunderabad Division booked 48 cases in this connection, under Section 143 of the Railways Act (penalty for unauthorised carrying on business of procuring and supplying of railway tickets) and arrested 48 agents, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand