Agitation in phased way from Aug 17: Telangana JAC
Hyderabad: The Telangana political Joint
Action Committee (JAC) on Thursday decided to hold the proposed
strike in the region from August 17, in a phased manner.
"The all-people`s strike is widely understood to be the
strike of state government employees, teachers and other
staff. It may actually turn out to be so. (But) We thought it
is not correct to put the entire burden on the employees,
hence, we decided to start the all-people`s strike on August
17 but it will begin by mobilising people from the village
level," JAC Convener M Kodandaram told reporters here.
Accordingly, a massive dharna (sit-in) would be organised
on August 17, and JAC leaders would mobilise people until
September 4. A rally would be held at Karimnagar on September
5, and the state employees would join in the strike from
September 6, he said.
Asked about the strike notice served to the Andhra
Pradesh government by the Telangana employees unions
affiliated to the JAC, Kodandaram said the notice was still
valid, but the dates had been changed.
Earlier, the unions had said they would go on strike from
He said JAC was also of the view that people should not
be put to inconvenience during the Ramzan and Vinayaka
TRS floor leader E Rajender said the JAC leaders would
mobilise people till September 5, starting with villages.
BJP leader Ch Vidyasagar Rao alleged that employees were
being harassed by the government for involvement in the
separate statehood agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees