Agri officer succumbs to burns, blames TDP MLA for suicide
Hyderabad: An agriculture officer, who
attempted suicide by immolating herself four days ago,
succumbed to her burns in a hospital here on Sunday.
Rajeswari, posted as the mandal agriculture officer at
Devarakadra in Mahbubnagar district, attempted suicide after
she was allegedly humiliated by local MLA Seeta Dayakar Reddy
of the Telugu Desam Party over distribution of relief to flood
victims in a meeting.
She sustained over 60 per cent burns and was rushed to
the DRDO-Apollo hospital here for treatment. She succumbed
while undergoing treatment today.
Members of Rajeswari`s family alleged that Reddy was
responsible for their daughter`s extreme step.
Rajeswari, in her dying declaration recorded by a
magistrate, reportedly blamed the MLA and others for the
extreme step she had taken. She also reportedly blamed
Congress Mandal Parishad member Bharati Reddy for her death.
Small Scale Industries Minister D K Aruna, who hails from
Mahbubnagar district, visited the hospital and consoled the
Post-mortem was conducted on the officials body at the
State Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy said they would
take further action in the case after a copy of Rajeswari`s
dying declaration was obtained from the magistrate.
"We shall not spare those responsible for the officer`s
death, however big they may be," Sabita told reporters here.
Seeta Dayakar Reddy, who has recently been appointed
president of Telugu Desam Party`s women wing Telugu Mahila,
said she was in no way responsible for the agriculture
The group rivalry in ruling Congress is responsible for
Rajeswari`s extreme step, the MLA pointed out.
Seeta said officials from various other departments were
also present at the meeting and she did not speak anything
"I have seen Rajeswari only three times so far and
did not interact with her much," the MLA added.
Meanwhile, the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers
Association president Gopal Reddy demanded that the
Devarakadra MLA be arrested immediately since the agriculture
officer gave a dying declaration against her.
The agriculture officer`s association and other
government employees have called for a state-wide agitation
tomorrow demanding that the guilty in Rajeswari`s case be
brought to books. The NGOs Association is planning a sit in
front of the state secretariat here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what