Ahead of by-polls Kiran gives new mantra
Narsapuram (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Tuesday gave a new mantra to Congress workers - "each one, change ten (voters)" - ahead of the next month`s bypolls.
"In the next 30 days, each Congress worker should change at least ten voters and make them vote for our party. This way we can win an additional 16,000 votes and win the seat," he told party workers at an election meeting here.
The CM probably took a cue from Chiranjeevi`s movie `Stalin` wherein the hero launches a novel initiative of making every person help three others and spread a movement of service.
Kiran wanted Congressmen to adopt a similar principle and woo voters towards the party in the June 12 by-elections.
"Every three days, each worker should change at least one voter. That way everyone should change at least ten voters in the next 30 days. This will fetch an additional 16,000 votes and ensure victory of Congress in (bypoll-bound) Narsapuram," the Chief Minister maintained.
He wanted the partymen to effectively counter the negative campaign launched (apparently through `Sakshi` Telugu daily and TV channel owned by YSR Congress President Y S Jaganmohan Reddy) against the Government and its programmes.
"The onus is on the party rank and file to effectively propagate the many welfare and development schemes launched by our Government."
The Congress is banking heavily on the Kapu caste factor in Narsapuram to secure victory of its candidate Kothapalli Subbarayudu. Subbarayudu was earlier in TDP and later joined the Praja Rajyam Party of Chiranjeevi.
Chiranjeevi, who will also campaign in Narsapuram, has announced he would take responsibility for securing victory to Congress here.
One Lok Sabha and 18 Assembly seats are facing bypolls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH