AIMPLB opposes right to Education Act
Hyderabad: All India Muslim Personal Law
Board (AIMPLB) has threatened to launch an agitation against
attempts to interfere with the Islamic law, Shariah and
exhorted Muslims across the country to join the stir.
AIMPLB President Moulana Syed Mohammad Hasan Rabe Nadvi
urged the Muslims to join AIMPLB in its efforts to prevent
changes in the Muslim personal laws, and also to oppose Wakf
Amendment Bill - 2010 alongwith Right to Education Act 2009,
which he said were defective and went "against the interests"
of the community.
AIMPLB is opposed to some provisions in RTE Act, which
have a bearing on education in Madrasas.
Addressing a public meeting here last night, he urged the
Muslim community to resist any move in the form of bills and
amendments, which amounted to changing the Shariah.
The meeting was organised by the All India Majlis
Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) on the sidelines of the two-day
executive committee meeting of the AIMPLB.
The executive committee discussed the Babri-Masjid
demolition case and other issues including maintenance for
divorced Muslim women.
The committee has appealed to the Chief Justice of India
to form a larger bench to reconsider the Shah Bano case, and
also review the Delhi High Court judgement legalising
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read