Akbaruddin Owaisi asked to appear before court on March 1
Bangalore: A city court on Saturday directed Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi to appear before it on March 01 in connection with a criminal case filed against him for alleged hate speech.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Rajashekhar V Patil directed Owaisi to appear before the court on March 01 after he kept aside the application filed by him seeking exemption from appearing before the court on health grounds.
Owaisi`s counsel Mohammad Jaffer Shah sought two weeks time for appearing before the court as his client has been advised bed rest. "He is carrying bullet injuries which he suffered a long time back. One bullet is still in his body and doctors have advised him bed rest due to mental stress," he argued.
On January 23, Patil had issued summons to Owaisi on two complaints lodged by advocates K Dilip Kumar and Dharmapal praying for prosecuting Owaisi for his hate speech in Andhra Pradesh last year.
The court had directed Andhra Pradesh DGP to produce the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen leader before it on February 23.
Owaisi, the All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen`s (MIM) floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, was arrested by the police in Hyderabad on January 08 and was lodged jail in Adilabad District.
On February 15, the First Additional Sessions Court in Adilabad granted conditional bail to Owaisi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena