Akbaruddin Owaisi booked in one more "hate speech" case
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi, accused of sedition for his "hate speech", was today booked in a similar case, police said.
Based on a complaint filed by city corporator Raja Singh, a local court had last month directed the Mangalhat police to investigate a speech made by Akbaruddin at Nanded in Maharashtra in 2012, which allegedly targeted a particular community.
Following a direction to probe the Nanded speech and file a report by February 11, the police, accordingly, booked a case against Akbaruddin under relevant sections of IPC, a senior police officer said.
Akbaruddin, was suo-motu booked by Nirmal police in Adilabad and Nizamabad II Town police, besides by Osmania University police in Hyderabad and other parts of Andhra Pradesh for allegedly delivering provocative speeches against a particular community at Nizamabad and Nirmal in December last year.
Akbaruddin, MIM`s floor leader in state assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8 and is lodged in Adilabad district jail after being sent to judicial remand from January 9.
The court of Judicial First Class Magistrate in Nirmal town of Adilabad district, earlier fixed February 5 as the date for recording the voice of Akbaruddin, which will be done in the open court in the presence of experts from the Forensic Science Laboratory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Protests turn violent outside Donald Trump's rally; clashes erupt
- I wanted to represent India at Cannes red carpet: Sonam Kapoor
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 declared: Check gbshse.gov.in, goaresults.nic.in to know your score
- Gold price slumps by Rs 370 to 6-week low of Rs 29,200 per ten grams
- Music companies give commercial songs to their artists: Sonu Nigam