Akbaruddin Owaisi questioned for ‘hate speech’ for fourth day
Adilabad: Arrested MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, booked for alleged sedition and criminal conspiracy for his "hate speech", was questioned for the fourth consecutive day on Tuesday.
He was interrogated in the presence of District Superintendent of Police Sarvashrest Tripathi.
Owaisi was questioned at Armed Police Reserve Office here as directed by Nirmal magistrate`s court, which has allowed investigating officer to take police custody of Owaisi for five days from January 12, sources in the police department said.
Owaisi would be produced before Nirmal court, about 80 km from here, on January 17.
The MLA, who represents Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, is facing the charges of sedition and waging war against the nation, among others, over his December 22 speech which drew nation-wide condemnation.
Police had arrested Owaisi, leader of MIM legislature party, from Gandhi Hospital here on January 8.
Owaisi also faces similar cases registered by Nizamabad Town police besides Osmania University police here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!