Akbaruddin Owaisi questioned for ‘hate speech’ for fourth day
Adilabad: Arrested MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, booked for alleged sedition and criminal conspiracy for his "hate speech", was questioned for the fourth consecutive day on Tuesday.
He was interrogated in the presence of District Superintendent of Police Sarvashrest Tripathi.
Owaisi was questioned at Armed Police Reserve Office here as directed by Nirmal magistrate`s court, which has allowed investigating officer to take police custody of Owaisi for five days from January 12, sources in the police department said.
Owaisi would be produced before Nirmal court, about 80 km from here, on January 17.
The MLA, who represents Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, is facing the charges of sedition and waging war against the nation, among others, over his December 22 speech which drew nation-wide condemnation.
Police had arrested Owaisi, leader of MIM legislature party, from Gandhi Hospital here on January 8.
Owaisi also faces similar cases registered by Nizamabad Town police besides Osmania University police here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes