Akbaruddin Owaisi questioned for ‘hate speech’ for fourth day
Adilabad: Arrested MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, booked for alleged sedition and criminal conspiracy for his "hate speech", was questioned for the fourth consecutive day on Tuesday.
He was interrogated in the presence of District Superintendent of Police Sarvashrest Tripathi.
Owaisi was questioned at Armed Police Reserve Office here as directed by Nirmal magistrate`s court, which has allowed investigating officer to take police custody of Owaisi for five days from January 12, sources in the police department said.
Owaisi would be produced before Nirmal court, about 80 km from here, on January 17.
The MLA, who represents Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, is facing the charges of sedition and waging war against the nation, among others, over his December 22 speech which drew nation-wide condemnation.
Police had arrested Owaisi, leader of MIM legislature party, from Gandhi Hospital here on January 8.
Owaisi also faces similar cases registered by Nizamabad Town police besides Osmania University police here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon