Akbaruddin Owaisi sent to police custody
Hyderabad: A court in Andhra Pradesh`s Nizamabad district Wednesday sent MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi to police custody for two days in another case related to his hate speech.
The court allowed police to question the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator for two days on Feb 1 and 2.
Owaisi is currently lodged in a jail in Adilabad district in the hate speech case.
The court in Nizamabad Jan 24 had sent him to judicial custody till Feb 7 for delivering a hate speech in the town Dec 8.
Nizamabad is some 175 km and Adilabad and about 300 km from Hyderabad.
Owaisi was arrested Jan 8 for making a hate speech at a public meeting at Nirmal town in Adilabad district dec 22. The next day, a court in Nirmal town sent him to judicial custody for two weeks. His custody was later extended till Feb 5.
A member of assembly from Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, Owaisi is facing charges of sedition, waging war against nation and promoting enmity between people.
Cases were also booked against him in several police stations in Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy and other districts on complaints lodged by individuals.
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!
- Aadhaar appeal grows, downloads go past 40-crore mark
- Hilarious VIDEO: When Delhi Daredevils' Quinton de Kock, Sam Billings took Hindi lessons