Akbaruddin Owaisi sent to police custody
Hyderabad: A court in Andhra Pradesh`s Nizamabad district Wednesday sent MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi to police custody for two days in another case related to his hate speech.
The court allowed police to question the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator for two days on Feb 1 and 2.
Owaisi is currently lodged in a jail in Adilabad district in the hate speech case.
The court in Nizamabad Jan 24 had sent him to judicial custody till Feb 7 for delivering a hate speech in the town Dec 8.
Nizamabad is some 175 km and Adilabad and about 300 km from Hyderabad.
Owaisi was arrested Jan 8 for making a hate speech at a public meeting at Nirmal town in Adilabad district dec 22. The next day, a court in Nirmal town sent him to judicial custody for two weeks. His custody was later extended till Feb 5.
A member of assembly from Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, Owaisi is facing charges of sedition, waging war against nation and promoting enmity between people.
Cases were also booked against him in several police stations in Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy and other districts on complaints lodged by individuals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest