Akbaruddin Owaisi sent to police custody
Hyderabad: A court in Andhra Pradesh`s Nizamabad district Wednesday sent MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi to police custody for two days in another case related to his hate speech.
The court allowed police to question the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator for two days on Feb 1 and 2.
Owaisi is currently lodged in a jail in Adilabad district in the hate speech case.
The court in Nizamabad Jan 24 had sent him to judicial custody till Feb 7 for delivering a hate speech in the town Dec 8.
Nizamabad is some 175 km and Adilabad and about 300 km from Hyderabad.
Owaisi was arrested Jan 8 for making a hate speech at a public meeting at Nirmal town in Adilabad district dec 22. The next day, a court in Nirmal town sent him to judicial custody for two weeks. His custody was later extended till Feb 5.
A member of assembly from Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, Owaisi is facing charges of sedition, waging war against nation and promoting enmity between people.
Cases were also booked against him in several police stations in Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy and other districts on complaints lodged by individuals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?