Akbaruddin Owaisi sent to police custody
Hyderabad: A court in Andhra Pradesh`s Nizamabad district Wednesday sent MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi to police custody for two days in another case related to his hate speech.
The court allowed police to question the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator for two days on Feb 1 and 2.
Owaisi is currently lodged in a jail in Adilabad district in the hate speech case.
The court in Nizamabad Jan 24 had sent him to judicial custody till Feb 7 for delivering a hate speech in the town Dec 8.
Nizamabad is some 175 km and Adilabad and about 300 km from Hyderabad.
Owaisi was arrested Jan 8 for making a hate speech at a public meeting at Nirmal town in Adilabad district dec 22. The next day, a court in Nirmal town sent him to judicial custody for two weeks. His custody was later extended till Feb 5.
A member of assembly from Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, Owaisi is facing charges of sedition, waging war against nation and promoting enmity between people.
Cases were also booked against him in several police stations in Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy and other districts on complaints lodged by individuals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM