Akhilesh meets Andhra CM, TDP chief in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday paid a "courtesy" visit to his Andhra Pradesh counterpart N Kiran Kumar Reddy at the latter`s camp residence here this evening, official sources said.
Akhilesh, who arrived today by a special aircraft, is on a two-day trip to participate in the national executive meeting of the All India Yadav Mahasabha here tomorrow.
He drove to the CM`s camp office here and confided with him for about half an hour.
"It was a courtesy call," a CMO official said.
The UP chief minister later drove to the residence of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu for an interaction.
Earlier, leaders of the Telangana employees` associations met Akhilesh at a star hotel here and requested his Samajwadi Party`s support for the creation of Telangana state.
"We requested him to extend SP`s support for Telangana," said Telangana Gazetted Officers` Association leader Srinivas Goud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police