Akhilesh meets Andhra CM, TDP chief in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday paid a "courtesy" visit to his Andhra Pradesh counterpart N Kiran Kumar Reddy at the latter`s camp residence here this evening, official sources said.
Akhilesh, who arrived today by a special aircraft, is on a two-day trip to participate in the national executive meeting of the All India Yadav Mahasabha here tomorrow.
He drove to the CM`s camp office here and confided with him for about half an hour.
"It was a courtesy call," a CMO official said.
The UP chief minister later drove to the residence of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu for an interaction.
Earlier, leaders of the Telangana employees` associations met Akhilesh at a star hotel here and requested his Samajwadi Party`s support for the creation of Telangana state.
"We requested him to extend SP`s support for Telangana," said Telangana Gazetted Officers` Association leader Srinivas Goud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption