All flyovers in Hyderabad to be shut for New Year`s Eve
Hyderabad: Police have decided to close all flyovers and some key roads around Hussain Sagar in Hyderabad from Tuesday night till the early hours of Wednesday to prevent any untoward incident during the New Year`s Eve celebrations.
All flyovers in Hyderabad and Cyberabad police commissionerates will be shut while the roads around Hussain Sagar lake in the heart of Hyderabad will also be out of bounds for traffic.
The PVN Expressway, which connects the city to the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, will also be closed for vehicles.
The Outer Ring Road, which connects the townships around the city and also the airport, will remain closed for light motor vehicles and passenger vehicles from 11 pm to 5 am. Bonafide passengers travelling in light motor vehicles will be allowed on the Outer Ring Road subject to production of air tickets, said Cyberabad Police Commissioner CV Anand.
Like in the past, no traffic will be allowed on Upper Tank Bund, Necklace Road and NTR Marg around Hussain Sagar lake from 10 pm to 2 am.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma also imposed the traffic restrictions on several other roads leading towards the lake, a favourite hub for the revellers.
The police will install check posts at various places to check rash and drunken driving. It appealed to revellers not to risk their lives by rash driving in the name of celebrations.
Both the commissioners have set 1 am as the deadline for the New Year parties and decided to keep a close watch on the festivities to prevent any use of narcotic drugs.
The Cyberabad police asked organizers of the New Year parties to install CCTV cameras and provide minute-to-minute footage two days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video