All-party meet by GoM on AP division an "eyewash": BJP
Hyderabad: The all-party meeting convened by the Group of Ministers (GoM) on the issue of division of Andhra Pradesh was only an eye-wash, state BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy has alleged.
"We met GoM yesterday. We feel the Centre is not taking all-party views seriously. It appears that the meeting was only an eye-wash. Either government or any organisation must express its views clearly, before taking the views of others," Reddy told reporters here today.
"The Centre does not have any proposals on the 11 points on which views were sought. They are asking opposition parties to give their views without having any proposals," he said.
Reddy and his party colleague K Haribabu represented the BJP in the meeting of parties from AP convened by the GoM.
He quoted the GoM as having said that they are still collecting information on crucial issues involved in division like revenue sharing.
"How come they (GoM) do not have information? If they do not have information, how can we have? When we said this, they said yes it is correct. They are not asking anything. Only those who have gone had to give their views," Reddy said.
He took exception to the Congress not having a consensus within AP and presenting different views to the GoM.
"Even after CWC (Congress Working Committee) resolution, Cabinet approval, constitution of GoM (on division issue), Congress in AP or its ministers have not reached a consensus. On one hand they say that Sonia Gandhi gave Telangana and celebrate. On the other hand, different views are expressed. This is nothing but confusing people," he said.
The state BJP president reiterated that his party would support the bill for formation of separate Telangana if it is brought in the winter session of Parliament.
He also said the concerns of Seemandhra people should be addressed.
The Union Cabinet had earlier approved creation of a separate Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India