All-party meet by GoM on AP division an "eyewash": BJP
Hyderabad: The all-party meeting convened by the Group of Ministers (GoM) on the issue of division of Andhra Pradesh was only an eye-wash, state BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy has alleged.
"We met GoM yesterday. We feel the Centre is not taking all-party views seriously. It appears that the meeting was only an eye-wash. Either government or any organisation must express its views clearly, before taking the views of others," Reddy told reporters here today.
"The Centre does not have any proposals on the 11 points on which views were sought. They are asking opposition parties to give their views without having any proposals," he said.
Reddy and his party colleague K Haribabu represented the BJP in the meeting of parties from AP convened by the GoM.
He quoted the GoM as having said that they are still collecting information on crucial issues involved in division like revenue sharing.
"How come they (GoM) do not have information? If they do not have information, how can we have? When we said this, they said yes it is correct. They are not asking anything. Only those who have gone had to give their views," Reddy said.
He took exception to the Congress not having a consensus within AP and presenting different views to the GoM.
"Even after CWC (Congress Working Committee) resolution, Cabinet approval, constitution of GoM (on division issue), Congress in AP or its ministers have not reached a consensus. On one hand they say that Sonia Gandhi gave Telangana and celebrate. On the other hand, different views are expressed. This is nothing but confusing people," he said.
The state BJP president reiterated that his party would support the bill for formation of separate Telangana if it is brought in the winter session of Parliament.
He also said the concerns of Seemandhra people should be addressed.
The Union Cabinet had earlier approved creation of a separate Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections