All-party meet by GoM on AP division an "eyewash": BJP
Hyderabad: The all-party meeting convened by the Group of Ministers (GoM) on the issue of division of Andhra Pradesh was only an eye-wash, state BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy has alleged.
"We met GoM yesterday. We feel the Centre is not taking all-party views seriously. It appears that the meeting was only an eye-wash. Either government or any organisation must express its views clearly, before taking the views of others," Reddy told reporters here today.
"The Centre does not have any proposals on the 11 points on which views were sought. They are asking opposition parties to give their views without having any proposals," he said.
Reddy and his party colleague K Haribabu represented the BJP in the meeting of parties from AP convened by the GoM.
He quoted the GoM as having said that they are still collecting information on crucial issues involved in division like revenue sharing.
"How come they (GoM) do not have information? If they do not have information, how can we have? When we said this, they said yes it is correct. They are not asking anything. Only those who have gone had to give their views," Reddy said.
He took exception to the Congress not having a consensus within AP and presenting different views to the GoM.
"Even after CWC (Congress Working Committee) resolution, Cabinet approval, constitution of GoM (on division issue), Congress in AP or its ministers have not reached a consensus. On one hand they say that Sonia Gandhi gave Telangana and celebrate. On the other hand, different views are expressed. This is nothing but confusing people," he said.
The state BJP president reiterated that his party would support the bill for formation of separate Telangana if it is brought in the winter session of Parliament.
He also said the concerns of Seemandhra people should be addressed.
The Union Cabinet had earlier approved creation of a separate Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics