All party meet in Kadapa appeals Centre to keep AP united
Kadapa: An all party meeting convened by district Congress committee (DCC) president Suresh in Kadapa, on Sunday appealed to the Union Government to keep Andhra Pradesh united.
The agitation for Telangana by K Chandrasekhar Rao was a
drama, the meeting charged. The meeting urged the Central
government to keep Andhra Pradesh united, which was also the
committment of late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
Representatives of all political parties, student
organizations, NGO leaders, teachers’ organizations and
general public participated in the meeting.
The speakers pointed out that all political parties have
cheated the people of Rayalaseema and Andhra regions. They
demanded that the parties should tender apology to the people.
C H Chandrasekhar Reddy, a trade union leader, who
presided over the meeting, demanded that all the projects,
proposed under Jalayagnam scheme, should be completed. Senior
leader M A A Seema Rajagopal Reddy appealed to the politicians
not to exploit people for their benefits.
Congress MLA Adinarayana Reddy alleged that Sonia Gandhi
has given her `judgment` on Telangana without hearing the
argument of other areas of AP. He urged the Congress high
command to reconsider its decision.
All the leaders decided to farm a joint action committee
and run the movement efficiently.
Another leader Y S Vivekanda Reddy urged the Centre to
stand by the statement made by late CM Y S Rajasekhara Reddy
on February 12 in Assembly that AP should be united.
Trade union leader C H Chandrasekhar Reddy was elected as
Convener of the Joint Action Committee and political party
presidents were made as coconveners.
Meanwhile, in Kadapa district, public life was paralyzed
on the third day continuously due to the protests for united
Andhra Pradesh. Rallies and dharnas were took staged at
all centers of the district. APSRTC buses were off the roads
and commuters faced hardships. APSRTC regional manager said
they have yet to take a decision on plying the buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17