Ambedkar statue desecrated in Andhra Pradesh
Rajahmundry: Unidentified persons
desecrated a statue of Indian Constitution`s architect B R Ambedkar at Dowleswaram here, police said.
The desecration, which took place at a road junction,
sparked tension in Dowleswaram and forces have been rushed to
the area to maintain peace, they said.
Further details are awaited.
Dalit leaders, who visited the town, were angry over the
"It`s a grave insult to Ambedkar. The incident has
occurred on a day when the country is celebrating the Republic
Day," they said.
On January 23, five statues of the Dalit icon werefound
vandalised in different villages under Amalapuram division,
about 70 kms from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city