Ambedkar statue desecrated in Andhra Pradesh
Rajahmundry: Unidentified persons
desecrated a statue of Indian Constitution`s architect B R Ambedkar at Dowleswaram here, police said.
The desecration, which took place at a road junction,
sparked tension in Dowleswaram and forces have been rushed to
the area to maintain peace, they said.
Further details are awaited.
Dalit leaders, who visited the town, were angry over the
"It`s a grave insult to Ambedkar. The incident has
occurred on a day when the country is celebrating the Republic
Day," they said.
On January 23, five statues of the Dalit icon werefound
vandalised in different villages under Amalapuram division,
about 70 kms from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown