Andhra ACB chief dismisses reports over his long l
Hyderabad: Director General of Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) D Boobathi Babu on Saturday dismissed media reports that he had applied for a long leave in the wake of a "controversy" over the transfer of an IPS officer heading probe into the state`s liquor syndicate.
A section of the media had reported that Babu had applied for the leave after ACB Additional Director K Sreenivasa Reddy, who was heading the SIT investigating the liquor mafia-politicians-officials nexus in the state, was transferred.
However, responding to the reports, Babu said in a statement that he continues to perform his normal duties in the ACB and does not intend to go on a leave.
Referring to Reddy`s promotion and transfer, Babu said the transfer order had been issued by the state government and the ACB immediately acted upon it.
Following his promotion on April 3, Reddy was posted as the IGP of Coastal Security. His 1994-batchmate B Shivdhar Reddy, who was not promoted as the IG despite being empanelled, was appointed in his place.
However, sources had earlier said that the ACB Director General had refused to relieve Sreenivasa Reddy from the ACB Additional Director`s post, nor let Shivdhar Reddy assume the charge of the new post.
Sreenivasa Reddy yesterday relinquished his post after the state government rejected Babu`s request to let him continue in view of the ongoing investigation into the liquor scam.
"The correspondence with the government on this subject was in accordance with the established norms and no adverse inference needs to be drawn from the same," Babu said.
He also said that the ACB is committed to carry forward the investigation of all the cases, especially those pertaining to liquor syndicates in a professional manner and assured to initiate prompt action where adequate evidence was gathered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'