Andhra anti-terror force Octopus gets its headquarters
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Monday launched the headquarters of its elite anti-terror commando force Octopus (Organisation For Counter Terrorist Operations).
Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy inaugurated the headquarters of Octopus, formed on the lines of National Security Guard (NSG) to counter terrorist attacks.
The force will comprise 250 commandos, who will be deployed in key cities of the state. About 100 personnel would deal with any threat to the famous temple in Tirupati.
Built at the cost of Rs.5 crore in Begupmet area here, the Octopus headquarters is equipped with the state-of-the-art conference hall and the communication networking.
The Octopus comprises Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) teams, equipped with imported weapons. The chief minister inspected the sophisticated weapons and equipment of the force.
The commandos also gave a demonstration of their skills in house intervention, hostage rescue and Israeli combat technique Krav Maga before the chief minister, Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy, Director General of Police Dinesh Reddy and others.
Kiran Kumar Reddy also reviewed the works related to the construction of the commando training centre of Octopus at Ibrahimpatnam on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow