Andhra Assembly furore continues as Jagan refuses to budge
Hyderabad: Refusing to either apologise to the House or withdraw his "unparliamentary" remark made yesterday, YSRC president YS Jaganmohan Reddy Saturday led his MLAs in a walk-out from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly even as Speaker Kodela Siva Prasada Rao and Legislative Affairs Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu sought to end the pandemonium.
The ruling TDP members, however, persisted with their demand that the Leader of Opposition tender an apology to the House for using unparliamentary language against the legislators.
The Speaker said the Opposition leader should have observed restraint in using the language in the House and, at the same time, asked the ruling party members also to be restrained.
"The ruling party members are seeking an apology. I have asked you to withdraw your remark. It will not go into the record. I leave it to your wisdom," the Speaker told Jagan.
Every member should conduct in a manner that would enhance dignity of the House, he added.
The Legislative Affairs Minister said the Opposition leader need not be egoistic and could apologise to the House or withdraw the unparliamentary remark.
"There were instances in the past when even members who were considered stalwarts withdrew their remarks if they were wrong. Even I tendered an apology to the House on an earlier occasion. There is nothing wrong in it," Yanamala observed.
But their pleas fell on deaf ears as neither the Opposition leader nor his party colleagues appeared willing to withdraw the controversial remark.
Instead, alleging the ruling party of trying to stifle their voice, the YSRC members staged a walk-out from the House.
Later when the short duration discussion on law and order resumed, TDP and BJP members launched a frontal attack on Jagan, accusing him of trying to apply terror tactics in the House.
"He is behaving like a faction leader and not the Leader of Opposition," they lashed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof