Andhra Assembly proceedings stalled over JLC for sixth day
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party forced
adjournment of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly without transaction
of any business on Wednesday over the demand of a Joint Legislature
Committee to probe the land allotments in the last six years.
This was the sixth day that the issue has rocked the
Assembly. The government today said it would consider the
demand for JLC only if Opposition allowed discussion on the
issue in the House first.
The TDP, however, remained adamant, saying it wanted
nothing but a JLC.
TDP MLAs stormed the Speaker`s podium soon after
proceedings began, and shouted slogans, which led to first
adjournment for half an hour.
But order could not be restored after the House
reassembled. Officiating Speaker, Nadendla Manohar, then
adjourned the proceedings till noon.
The TDP members insisted on a JLC and remained in the
well of the House even as Legislative Affairs Minister D
Sridhar Babu and Major Industries Minister J Geeta Reddy
maintained that the government was ready for a discussion on
the subject first.
"Without a discussion, how can we consider your demand?
Why are you shying away from the discussion," Reddy asked.
She said Andhra Pradesh attracted investments of Rs
50,000 crore in the last seven years, whereas the investments
during the nine-year TDP rule were just Rs 15,000 crore.
"In the Information Technology sector, only 80,000 jobs
were created during the TDP regime while 1.10 lakh jobs were
created since 2004," the Minister said.
Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen leader, Akbaruddin Owaisi,
once again raised the Wakf lands issue while BJP legislator G
Kishan Reddy spoke about allotment of endowments lands for
CPI and CPM leaders G Mallesh and J Ranga Reddy also
spoke on the issue.
With both the treasury and the opposition sides sticking
to their respective stands, the deadlock continued, leading to
an abrupt adjournment of the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh