Andhra Bank official arrested for sending defamatory emails
Hyderabad: A chief manager of a public sector bank was arrested from Vijayawada on Sunday for allegedly sending highly "derogatory and defamatory" emails making false allegations against top Andhra Bank officials to different bankers to "tarnish their image", the police said.
Hyderabad Police`s cyber wing arrested Andhra Bank chief manager, Vijayawada main branch, SVS Kishore Kumar after a complaint that he allegedly sent emails making blatantly false allegations against top executives of the bank.
He allegedly sent emails using fake email identities to officials of different banks making allegations against Andhra Bank`s Chairman and Executive Director that they were dismissed by the Ministry of Finance and hence cheques cleared by them should not be honoured, Cyber Crimes Inspector Majid Ali Khan said.
"Kishore Kumar sent those emails by creating fake email identities by impersonating others. The fake email identities have been recovered," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!