Andhra Bank official arrested for sending defamatory emails
Hyderabad: A chief manager of a public sector bank was arrested from Vijayawada on Sunday for allegedly sending highly "derogatory and defamatory" emails making false allegations against top Andhra Bank officials to different bankers to "tarnish their image", the police said.
Hyderabad Police`s cyber wing arrested Andhra Bank chief manager, Vijayawada main branch, SVS Kishore Kumar after a complaint that he allegedly sent emails making blatantly false allegations against top executives of the bank.
He allegedly sent emails using fake email identities to officials of different banks making allegations against Andhra Bank`s Chairman and Executive Director that they were dismissed by the Ministry of Finance and hence cheques cleared by them should not be honoured, Cyber Crimes Inspector Majid Ali Khan said.
"Kishore Kumar sent those emails by creating fake email identities by impersonating others. The fake email identities have been recovered," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?