Andhra Bank official arrested for sending defamatory emails
Hyderabad: A chief manager of a public sector bank was arrested from Vijayawada on Sunday for allegedly sending highly "derogatory and defamatory" emails making false allegations against top Andhra Bank officials to different bankers to "tarnish their image", the police said.
Hyderabad Police`s cyber wing arrested Andhra Bank chief manager, Vijayawada main branch, SVS Kishore Kumar after a complaint that he allegedly sent emails making blatantly false allegations against top executives of the bank.
He allegedly sent emails using fake email identities to officials of different banks making allegations against Andhra Bank`s Chairman and Executive Director that they were dismissed by the Ministry of Finance and hence cheques cleared by them should not be honoured, Cyber Crimes Inspector Majid Ali Khan said.
"Kishore Kumar sent those emails by creating fake email identities by impersonating others. The fake email identities have been recovered," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof