‘Andhra bifurcation a game for votes and seats’
Vijayawada: United Andhra Pradesh supporter and former MLA Adusumilli Jaya Prakash said that Congress president Sonia Gandhi is interested in bifurcating Andhra Pradesh only for votes as well as seats and not for the benefit of Telangana or Seemandhra regions.
He told reporters here on Thursday that Sonia Gandhi`s aim is to make her son Rahul Prime Minister after the next general elections and to get more Parliament seats at least from the Telangana region, she has decided to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
He said that Congress leaders are prepared to do anything to fulfill their ambitions at the cost of the people and the nation.
He recalled how late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi suppressed bifurcation agitations with an iron hand both in 1969 and 1971, adding that she knew the intentions of selfish politicians.
He demanded that Congress President Sonia Gandhi act according to peoples` interests and not as per politicians` whims.
If the Congress bifurcates Andhra Pradesh, people would surely teach the party a lesson, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert