‘Andhra bifurcation a game for votes and seats’
Vijayawada: United Andhra Pradesh supporter and former MLA Adusumilli Jaya Prakash said that Congress president Sonia Gandhi is interested in bifurcating Andhra Pradesh only for votes as well as seats and not for the benefit of Telangana or Seemandhra regions.
He told reporters here on Thursday that Sonia Gandhi`s aim is to make her son Rahul Prime Minister after the next general elections and to get more Parliament seats at least from the Telangana region, she has decided to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
He said that Congress leaders are prepared to do anything to fulfill their ambitions at the cost of the people and the nation.
He recalled how late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi suppressed bifurcation agitations with an iron hand both in 1969 and 1971, adding that she knew the intentions of selfish politicians.
He demanded that Congress President Sonia Gandhi act according to peoples` interests and not as per politicians` whims.
If the Congress bifurcates Andhra Pradesh, people would surely teach the party a lesson, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report