‘Andhra bifurcation a game for votes and seats’
Vijayawada: United Andhra Pradesh supporter and former MLA Adusumilli Jaya Prakash said that Congress president Sonia Gandhi is interested in bifurcating Andhra Pradesh only for votes as well as seats and not for the benefit of Telangana or Seemandhra regions.
He told reporters here on Thursday that Sonia Gandhi`s aim is to make her son Rahul Prime Minister after the next general elections and to get more Parliament seats at least from the Telangana region, she has decided to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
He said that Congress leaders are prepared to do anything to fulfill their ambitions at the cost of the people and the nation.
He recalled how late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi suppressed bifurcation agitations with an iron hand both in 1969 and 1971, adding that she knew the intentions of selfish politicians.
He demanded that Congress President Sonia Gandhi act according to peoples` interests and not as per politicians` whims.
If the Congress bifurcates Andhra Pradesh, people would surely teach the party a lesson, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption