Andhra BJP chief receives death threat
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh BJP president G
Kishan Reddy today claimed he had received two threatening
letters written to him by a little known organisation.
Reddy, who is also the party`s floor leader in the state
assembly, has lodged a complaint with the Abids Police Station
here in this regard.
Addressing reporters here, the BJP state Chief said the
matter was reported to State DGP R R Girish Kumar and
Hyderabad City Police Commissioner A K Khan.
However, he refuted to divulge the contents of the letter
and said that even Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy personally
enquired about them.
According to party sources, of the two letters the first
was written in Urdu and while the second was received in
English by post on June 4 in which little known outfit
Hyderabad Liberation threatened to blast the state BJP office
situated at M J Market road near Nampally.
In the first letter (Urdu) received in the last week of
May, the organisation threatened to eliminate Reddy without
citing any reason, sources said.
Both the letters have been handed over to police for
probe, Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened