Andhra bypolls: 1.78 lakh voters to exercise franc
Rajahmundry: Over 1.78 lakhs voters would exercise their franchise and 205 polling stations will be set up in Ramachandrapuram (SC) constituency in East Godavari district for the June 12 byelections.
District Collector and Election Officer Neetu Prasad said today that 1,78,484 of voters will exercise their franchise in the byelections, out of which 90,098 are men and 88,386 women voters.
Ramachandrapuram constituency consists of Ramachandrapuram, Kajulur and Pamarru mandals.
Ramachandrapuram mandal consists of 82,359 voters out of which 31,013 men and 41,346 women. Kajuluru Mandal has a total of 49,197 voters out of which 25,132 are men and 24,065 women while Pamarru Mandal has 46,928 voters, of which 23,953 are men and 22,875 women, she said.
As many as 205 polling stations will be set up in the constituency including 89 in Ramachandrapuram mandal, 60 in Kajuluru mandal and 56 in Pamarru mandal.
"Our main aim to conduct free and fair poll and all arrangements have been completed from byelections in the constituency," she said.
"We have conducted classes for polling persons and EVMs are kept ready. Police and excise officials are seizing illegally transported liquor and cash from several persons and pickets has been set up in the district to stop illegal activities," she added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know