Andhra bypolls: 1.78 lakh voters to exercise franc
Rajahmundry: Over 1.78 lakhs voters would exercise their franchise and 205 polling stations will be set up in Ramachandrapuram (SC) constituency in East Godavari district for the June 12 byelections.
District Collector and Election Officer Neetu Prasad said today that 1,78,484 of voters will exercise their franchise in the byelections, out of which 90,098 are men and 88,386 women voters.
Ramachandrapuram constituency consists of Ramachandrapuram, Kajulur and Pamarru mandals.
Ramachandrapuram mandal consists of 82,359 voters out of which 31,013 men and 41,346 women. Kajuluru Mandal has a total of 49,197 voters out of which 25,132 are men and 24,065 women while Pamarru Mandal has 46,928 voters, of which 23,953 are men and 22,875 women, she said.
As many as 205 polling stations will be set up in the constituency including 89 in Ramachandrapuram mandal, 60 in Kajuluru mandal and 56 in Pamarru mandal.
"Our main aim to conduct free and fair poll and all arrangements have been completed from byelections in the constituency," she said.
"We have conducted classes for polling persons and EVMs are kept ready. Police and excise officials are seizing illegally transported liquor and cash from several persons and pickets has been set up in the district to stop illegal activities," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan