Andhra bypolls: 1.78 lakh voters to exercise franc
Rajahmundry: Over 1.78 lakhs voters would exercise their franchise and 205 polling stations will be set up in Ramachandrapuram (SC) constituency in East Godavari district for the June 12 byelections.
District Collector and Election Officer Neetu Prasad said today that 1,78,484 of voters will exercise their franchise in the byelections, out of which 90,098 are men and 88,386 women voters.
Ramachandrapuram constituency consists of Ramachandrapuram, Kajulur and Pamarru mandals.
Ramachandrapuram mandal consists of 82,359 voters out of which 31,013 men and 41,346 women. Kajuluru Mandal has a total of 49,197 voters out of which 25,132 are men and 24,065 women while Pamarru Mandal has 46,928 voters, of which 23,953 are men and 22,875 women, she said.
As many as 205 polling stations will be set up in the constituency including 89 in Ramachandrapuram mandal, 60 in Kajuluru mandal and 56 in Pamarru mandal.
"Our main aim to conduct free and fair poll and all arrangements have been completed from byelections in the constituency," she said.
"We have conducted classes for polling persons and EVMs are kept ready. Police and excise officials are seizing illegally transported liquor and cash from several persons and pickets has been set up in the district to stop illegal activities," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’