Andhra cabinet condemns terror attacks
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh cabinet Friday strongly condemned the twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad.
The cabinet, at its meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, said the government is determined to defeat the designs of terrorists.
Information and Public Relations Minister DK Aruna told reporters after the meeting that the cabinet conveyed its heartfelt condolences to the families of those killed in the blasts.
She said the government had already announced Rs.6 lakh compensation each to the families of those killed and Rs.50,000 to Rs.1 lakh to each of the injured depending on the severity of the injuries. "The government will bear the expenses of all the injured," she said.
Sixteen people were killed and 117 injured in the twin blasts that took place in a crowded market at Dilsukhnagar Thursday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way