Andhra cabinet condemns terror attacks
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh cabinet Friday strongly condemned the twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad.
The cabinet, at its meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, said the government is determined to defeat the designs of terrorists.
Information and Public Relations Minister DK Aruna told reporters after the meeting that the cabinet conveyed its heartfelt condolences to the families of those killed in the blasts.
She said the government had already announced Rs.6 lakh compensation each to the families of those killed and Rs.50,000 to Rs.1 lakh to each of the injured depending on the severity of the injuries. "The government will bear the expenses of all the injured," she said.
Sixteen people were killed and 117 injured in the twin blasts that took place in a crowded market at Dilsukhnagar Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video