Andhra cabinet condemns terror attacks
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh cabinet Friday strongly condemned the twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad.
The cabinet, at its meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, said the government is determined to defeat the designs of terrorists.
Information and Public Relations Minister DK Aruna told reporters after the meeting that the cabinet conveyed its heartfelt condolences to the families of those killed in the blasts.
She said the government had already announced Rs.6 lakh compensation each to the families of those killed and Rs.50,000 to Rs.1 lakh to each of the injured depending on the severity of the injuries. "The government will bear the expenses of all the injured," she said.
Sixteen people were killed and 117 injured in the twin blasts that took place in a crowded market at Dilsukhnagar Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred