Andhra CM announce Rs 1 lakh ex-gratia to stampede victims
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has directed the District Collectors to pay an ex-gratia amount of Rs 1 lakh to the families of the deceased from the state and provide medical treatment to the injured.
About 23 Ayyappa pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh died in the stampede at Uppupara near Vandiperiyar in Kerala on Friday while 19 persons were injured.
The bodies of the deceased which were flown from Kerala were received by the relatives at the airport today while the injured were admitted to various hospitals in the city.
The administration had made arrangements at the airport to receive the bodies and also to send them to their respective districts.
Some state minister also visited the airport to console the families of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah