Andhra CM assures protection to Telugu film industry
Hyderabad: Amidst talk that the Telugu film
industry might relocate to its old base Chennai in the wake of
growing attacks on film production units and offices by
Telangana activists, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah
today assured the industry of "all support and protection" to
continue its business in the state.
"I will talk to the film industry people and ask them
what type of protection they need. We will take steps
according to the industry`s requirements. They need not go
back to Chennai again," he told reporters here.
Rosaiah noted that the Telugu film industry shifted its
base from Chennai to Hyderabad after years of persuasion by
"The industry has been providing employment to thousands
of people of Andhra Pradesh and not any particular region. It
is a very important industry and we have offered many
incentives for its development in the state," the Chief
Not just Telugu films but also many Bollywood movies were
being shot in Hyderabad what with world class facilities
available at Ramoji Film City.
"You need not worry. There is no need for relocating to
Chennai. I am appealing to the film industry people not to
entertain such thoughts as the government will fully support
them," Rosaiah promised.
condemning the recent attacks on film production
units by the Telangana activists, the Chief Minister pointed
out that there were many stars, producers, directors, writers
and workers from the Telangana region in the film industry.
"Upcoming hero Nitin is from Telangana while popular
comedian Venu Madhav is also from the region. Who else can be
a more popular face than Gyanpeeth awardee C Narayan Reddy,
who is also from Telangana," he said.
"All those working in the Telugu film industry are from
our state? Andhra Pradesh? though the region-wise percentage
may vary. As the Chief Minister, I too belong to all the three
regions," Rosaiah said.
He said actor-producer Mohan Babu gave up the idea of
taking out a peace rally in Hyderabad after he prevailed upon
him not to precipitate matters following the controversy over
the actor`s support for a unified Andhra Pradesh.
"Young heroes Mahesh Babu and NTR Junior haven`t spoken
anything for or against Telangana but still their film sets
were attacked. In fact, property worth crores of rupees was
destroyed in the attack on Mahesh Babu`s film set at
Vikarabad," the Chief Minister pointed out.
He appealed to the Telangana protagonists not to resort
to such attacks and cause harm to the industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India