Andhra CM draws up 6-point agenda for district collectors
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K
Rosaiah has drawn up a six-point agenda for the district
collectors to provide good governance and put the
administration on the fast track of development.
Rosaiah discussed this agenda with Chief Secretary S V
Prasad here today ahead of the two-day district collectors`
conference beginning on January 20.
He wanted the collectors to gear up the official
machinery so as to effectively implement welfare and
development programme and said their performance too would
come under review on these counts.
As per the agenda, Rosaiah wanted the collectors to keep a
constant vigil and closely monitor progress of welfare
schemes, quality and promptness in the delivery mechanism,
transparency in implementation, responsiveness to public
concerns and needs.
He also wanted them to have the ability to co-ordinate
with respective departments and people`s representatives and
sensitiveness to issues concerning the vulnerable sections of
society like SCs, STs, BCs, minorities, women and disabled.
Rosaiah said the Chief Secretary would have an overall
supervision on the implementation of the six-point agenda with
the aid of the Chief Minister`s Office.
The Chief Minister also wanted the collectors to put in
place a mechanism to obtain proper feedback on the delivery of
welfare schemes to real beneficiaries.
As the collectors were also the district magistrates,
Rosaiah directed them to ensure effective maintenance of law
and order "without any fear or favour".
"Peace is the key factor for progress and prosperity and
hence there is no compromise on the law and order. The
collectors should instill a sense of confidence in the minds
of poorer sections of society," Rosaiah added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state