Andhra CM in Delhi; seeks high command`s advice on key issues
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy is here to seek Congress High Command`s advice on the fate of ministers who are under CBI scanner in connection with disproportionate assets case against Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
Battling crisis after crisis, Kiran Reddy now wants the party top brass to break the impasse on issues like the resignation of roads and buildings minister Dharmana Prasada Rao, named in the charge sheet in the Jagan case, and the fate of other ministers under scanner.
His visit comes in the backdrop of speculation that the party is trying to end factionalism in the government and state unit by removing PCC chief Botsa Satyanarayana, who is a known adversary of the chief minister.
As Kiran arrived in the capital, party leader and Rajya Sabha MP Chiranjeevi met Congress President Sonia Gandhi for over 30 minutes and confabulated over the political situation in the state.
Chiranjeevi, who belongs to the influential Kapu community, is of the view that Reddys, who supported the Congress for years have migrated with Jagan Reddy along with Dalits, and that only his community was supporting the party.
He is believed to told the Congress chief that leaders from Kapu community should be given preference in party and the government. Chiranjeevi refused to talk about the meeting.
However, Kiran Reddy could not get an audience from Gandhi till late in the night but held discussions with General Secretary in-charge Ghulam Nabi Azad and senior ministers A K Antony and P Chidambaram.
Kiran is understood to have sought advice from the leaders on dealing with the resignation of Rao and others ministers who are named in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars