Andhra CM, leaders asked to prepare strategy for Telangana: Digvijay
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Friday said that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and other party leaders have been asked to prepare their strategy on formation of Telangana.
The statement comes days after the Congress general secretary had said that Telangana issue is in final stage and will be announced as early as possible.
Digvijay Singh had told reporters Monday that there are only two options before the government - united Andhra Pradesh or formation of state of Telangana.
Stating that a decision will be taken as soon as possible, he refused to set any deadline, saying several such deadlines were set in the past.
Singh had asked Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha and state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana to prepare a road map on what should be the strategy if a decision is taken either way.
"The road map is basically what should be the political strategy and the administrative action if a decision is taken either way. Both the government and the party have to be prepared for this," he said.
While Telangana leaders sought an early decision on carving out the separate state, their counterparts from Seemandhra urged the leadership not to bifurcate the state.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing