Andhra CM, leaders asked to prepare strategy for Telangana: Digvijay
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Friday said that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and other party leaders have been asked to prepare their strategy on formation of Telangana.
The statement comes days after the Congress general secretary had said that Telangana issue is in final stage and will be announced as early as possible.
Digvijay Singh had told reporters Monday that there are only two options before the government - united Andhra Pradesh or formation of state of Telangana.
Stating that a decision will be taken as soon as possible, he refused to set any deadline, saying several such deadlines were set in the past.
Singh had asked Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha and state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana to prepare a road map on what should be the strategy if a decision is taken either way.
"The road map is basically what should be the political strategy and the administrative action if a decision is taken either way. Both the government and the party have to be prepared for this," he said.
While Telangana leaders sought an early decision on carving out the separate state, their counterparts from Seemandhra urged the leadership not to bifurcate the state.
With IANS inputs
- Baaghi movie review: Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor's action-packed performances fail to make an impression
- Kashmir issue must be resolved under UN resolutions: Pakistan's Aziz
- Notices issued to all those named in Panama Papers: FM Jaitley
- New violence as Paris police break up youth protest
- China, Russia rap US missile defence plan in S Korea