Andhra CM promises interest-free loans to women
Kadapa: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday announced that interest-free loans would be offered to women in the state from the next year.
Such loans would be sanctioned within forty-eight hours of making the application, he said, addressing a public meeting as a part of the `Praajapatham` programme at Railway Kodur village in YSR district.
A total of Rs 15,500 crore would be extended as credit to women in the current financial year, the Chief Minister added.
As to the criticism of increase in electricity tariffs, he said it would not affect those who consumed less than one hundred units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal