Andhra CM promises interest-free loans to women
Kadapa: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday announced that interest-free loans would be offered to women in the state from the next year.
Such loans would be sanctioned within forty-eight hours of making the application, he said, addressing a public meeting as a part of the `Praajapatham` programme at Railway Kodur village in YSR district.
A total of Rs 15,500 crore would be extended as credit to women in the current financial year, the Chief Minister added.
As to the criticism of increase in electricity tariffs, he said it would not affect those who consumed less than one hundred units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video