Andhra CM Rosaiah not to campaign in Telangana bypolls
Hyderabad: The Congress high command has
spared Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah from
campaigning for the party in the 12 Assembly constituencies in
Telangana going to by-elections on July 27.
The party leadership has entrusted "seniors" and strong
Telangana protagonists like K Keshava Rao, V Hanumantha Rao
and K Jana Reddy with the task of campaigning.
All the 12 members of Rosaiah`s Cabinet hailing from
Telangana have also been put on election duty and made in
charge of one constituency each.
In letters sent individually to senior Congress leaders
and Ministers today, AICC General Secretary in-charge of
Andhra Pradesh affairs M Veerappa Moily asked them to proceed
to the constituencies assigned to them and ensure victory of
the party nominees.
Moily also asked the ministers to rope in the party MPs,
MLCs and MLAs from the respective districts for electioneering
Congress sources here said Moily has directed the
ministers and senior leaders to focus especially on seats like
Siricilla in Karimnagar district and Siddipet in Medak
district from where TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao`s son K
T Rama Rao and nephew T Harish Rao are in fray, respectively.
"We have to win these seats at any cost as a very close
contest is likely in these segments," Moily has reportedly
told the Ministers and MPs.
Congress leaders here feel that the electioneering would
be a real test for leaders like Keshava Rao and Hanumantha Rao
who, they claimed, had lost contact with the grassroots people
The ministers would get into their job after the ongoing
monsoon session of the state legislature ends on July 15
followed by the Cabinet meeting on July 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!