Andhra CM Rosaiah not to campaign in Telangana bypolls
Hyderabad: The Congress high command has
spared Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah from
campaigning for the party in the 12 Assembly constituencies in
Telangana going to by-elections on July 27.
The party leadership has entrusted "seniors" and strong
Telangana protagonists like K Keshava Rao, V Hanumantha Rao
and K Jana Reddy with the task of campaigning.
All the 12 members of Rosaiah`s Cabinet hailing from
Telangana have also been put on election duty and made in
charge of one constituency each.
In letters sent individually to senior Congress leaders
and Ministers today, AICC General Secretary in-charge of
Andhra Pradesh affairs M Veerappa Moily asked them to proceed
to the constituencies assigned to them and ensure victory of
the party nominees.
Moily also asked the ministers to rope in the party MPs,
MLCs and MLAs from the respective districts for electioneering
Congress sources here said Moily has directed the
ministers and senior leaders to focus especially on seats like
Siricilla in Karimnagar district and Siddipet in Medak
district from where TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao`s son K
T Rama Rao and nephew T Harish Rao are in fray, respectively.
"We have to win these seats at any cost as a very close
contest is likely in these segments," Moily has reportedly
told the Ministers and MPs.
Congress leaders here feel that the electioneering would
be a real test for leaders like Keshava Rao and Hanumantha Rao
who, they claimed, had lost contact with the grassroots people
The ministers would get into their job after the ongoing
monsoon session of the state legislature ends on July 15
followed by the Cabinet meeting on July 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in