Andhra CM rules out possibility of imposing Prez rule
Hyderabad: Ruling out the possibility of
imposing President`s rule in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N
Kiran Kumar Reddy on Friday said the current political uncertainty
prevailing in the state was just like "passing clouds" and
would not last long.
"These (problems) are passing clouds. Everything will
settle down in next three to six months," he told reporters in
his Assembly chambers.
Asked about the possibility of President`s rule being
imposed because of the ongoing political turmoil, he said it
could not happen easily.
"Parliament has to discuss and approve the imposition
of President`s rule. I don`t think that will happen. In fact,
there is no need," Kiran Kumar remarked.
He also maintained that his government would last till
2014. "Congress will retain power in 2014 as well."
Kiran Kumar, who completed 100 days in office as chief
minister today, noted that there had been "many speed breakers
in my path" during the journey.
"Only time will resolve certain issues," he observed,
in an oblique reference to the turmoil over the statehood
On the resignation of Endowments Minister Jupalli
Krishna Rao, he said he had only received a copy of his
resignation letter to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
It was for madam to take a decision, he said.
"He is my colleague. We have been MLAs together for
three terms. I will definitely try to convince him (to
withdraw the resignation)," Kiran said, in reply to another
The chief minister said the Praja Rajyam Party and the
Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen have requested for one seat each
in the Legislative Council, elections for which would be held
later this month, in the Assembly quota.
"They are our friends and we have sent the request to
the Congress high command," he said.
About the thin attendance by the ruling party MLAs in
the Assembly, Kiran said while some members from Telangana
were abstaining, some others were attending.
"Today is the last day for filing nominations for the
Legislative Council elections from the Local Authorities
Constituencies and hence MLAs from the respective districts
are attending that," he clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender