Andhra CM, TDP chief say they will react after studying ToR
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
K Rosaiah on Friday said he would react "at an appropriate time"
to the terms of reference (ToR) of the five-member Telangana
Committee appointed by the Centre.
"I will react at an appropriate time after studying
the ToR in full," he told reporters at a function at the
Indo-American Cancer Institute.
Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu, who
was at the same function, said he would also react after
studying the ToR.
However, TDP politburo member K Yerrannaidu felt the
Centre should have also included the demands for other smaller
states in the country in the Sri Krishna Committees ToR.
"Andhra Pradesh should not become a laboratory for
experiments related to creation of smaller states," the former
Union Minister said.
Another member of TDP politburo Kadiyam Srihari,
hailing from Telangana, said the ToR suggested that the Centre
was bent on pushing the separate statehood demand into the
"Its a betrayal yet again. The ToR is not in favour
of Telangana. The Centre has hurt the sentiments of the people
of the region," Srihari said.
The Telangana Political Joint Action Committee
convener Kodandaram said the TOR has left them "totally
"We are opposing the terms of reference. The JAC will
meet tomorrow and decide on the future course of action," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan