Andhra CM to dedicate Bommakooru reservoir to nation on Dec 21
Warangal (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will dedicate Bommakooru reservoir which is part of an ambitious Lift Irrigation Scheme to the nation on December 21, officials said on Wednesday.
The J Chokka Rao Devadula Lift Irrigation Scheme had been proposed for the better utilisation of the Godavari water in the upland drought prone areas of the Telangana region.
The scheme proposes to irrigate 6.21 lakh acres and drinking water purpose by lifting 38.18 TMC of water from out of 467.24 TMC of water available at Intake point in the river Godavari, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured