Andhra CM to dedicate Bommakooru reservoir to nation on Dec 21
Warangal (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will dedicate Bommakooru reservoir which is part of an ambitious Lift Irrigation Scheme to the nation on December 21, officials said on Wednesday.
The J Chokka Rao Devadula Lift Irrigation Scheme had been proposed for the better utilisation of the Godavari water in the upland drought prone areas of the Telangana region.
The scheme proposes to irrigate 6.21 lakh acres and drinking water purpose by lifting 38.18 TMC of water from out of 467.24 TMC of water available at Intake point in the river Godavari, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS