Andhra CM to dedicate Bommakooru reservoir to nation on Dec 21
Warangal (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will dedicate Bommakooru reservoir which is part of an ambitious Lift Irrigation Scheme to the nation on December 21, officials said on Wednesday.
The J Chokka Rao Devadula Lift Irrigation Scheme had been proposed for the better utilisation of the Godavari water in the upland drought prone areas of the Telangana region.
The scheme proposes to irrigate 6.21 lakh acres and drinking water purpose by lifting 38.18 TMC of water from out of 467.24 TMC of water available at Intake point in the river Godavari, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive