Andhra CM to dedicate Bommakooru reservoir to nation on Dec 21
Warangal (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will dedicate Bommakooru reservoir which is part of an ambitious Lift Irrigation Scheme to the nation on December 21, officials said on Wednesday.
The J Chokka Rao Devadula Lift Irrigation Scheme had been proposed for the better utilisation of the Godavari water in the upland drought prone areas of the Telangana region.
The scheme proposes to irrigate 6.21 lakh acres and drinking water purpose by lifting 38.18 TMC of water from out of 467.24 TMC of water available at Intake point in the river Godavari, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!