Andhra CM to dedicate Bommakooru reservoir to nation on Dec 21
Warangal (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will dedicate Bommakooru reservoir which is part of an ambitious Lift Irrigation Scheme to the nation on December 21, officials said on Wednesday.
The J Chokka Rao Devadula Lift Irrigation Scheme had been proposed for the better utilisation of the Godavari water in the upland drought prone areas of the Telangana region.
The scheme proposes to irrigate 6.21 lakh acres and drinking water purpose by lifting 38.18 TMC of water from out of 467.24 TMC of water available at Intake point in the river Godavari, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena