Andhra CM`s meet with GoM on Telangana postponed
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy, who was scheduled to meet Group of Ministers (GOM) on Telangana in Delhi Thursday night, has postponed his visit.
The chief minister will not be travelling to the national capital for the meeting with the GoM, sources in the Chief Minister`s Office said.
The GoM, which has intensified the process for bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, summoned Kiran Reddy for a meeting at 8 p.m. He was scheduled to leave at 4 p.m.
However, the reasons for the chief minister postponing his visit were not clear. The political circles were abuzz with speculations that Kiran reddy, who is opposed to the centre`s decision to bifurcate the state, is deliberately avoiding the meeting.
According to the reports from Delhi, the GoM has now asked the chief minister to be available for the meeting on Nov 18, when the ministerial group would be holding consultations with the central ministers from the state.
The GoM held separate meetings with seven political parties of the state during the last two days in the national capital to know their views on various issues related to bifurcation.
Defying the Congress leadership over its decision to carve out separate Telangana state, Kiran Reddy has already asked the central government to reconsider the decision, saying bifurcation would lead to many problems.
Kiran Reddy also wrote to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, finding fault with the manner in which the government is going ahead with the process of bifurcation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand