Andhra Congress chief asks party MLAs to withdraw resignation
Hyderabad: Seeking to stave off any
political crisis, Andhra Pradesh Congress on Sunday asked
legislators to withdraw their resignation to prevent
precipitation of the situation.
APCC chief D Srinivas also said no minister would
resign in protest against the bifurcation of the state.
"Whatever their (MLAs) grievances are... it has
already come to the notice of the high command. They will take
a decision on this. So I appeal them to withdraw their
resignation," he told reporters here.
Asked whether there will be a constitutional crisis in
the state in the wake of the mass resignation of legislators,
Srinivas replied in the negative and expressed confidence that
the resignations will be withdrawn.
"I have made an appeal. I am confident that they will
withdraw their resignations. There shall not be any
constitutional crisis. This is my confidence," he said.
Asked if the Assembly should be adjourned sine die, he
said it is for the Chief Minister and the Speaker to take a
decision on the matter.
"No ministers would resign when I am appealing to the
MLAs to withdraw. Why do you talk about the resignation of
ministers?" Srinivas asked.
More than 70 Congress MLAs from Coastal Andhra and
Rayalaseema regions have submitted their resignation to
Speaker Kiran Kumar Reddy opposing the formation of Telangana.
Meanwhile, senior party MP V Hanumantha Rao claimed
that Chief Minister K Rosaiah had told him that he will not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days