Andhra court asks police to probe complaint against MIM MLA
Karimnagar: A local court on Saturday directed police to investigate into the complaint filed by a BJP leader against Majlis Ithehadul Musalmeen (MIM) MLA Ahmed Pasha Quadri for allegedly making objectionable remarks about Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the state Assembly premises.
The complaint was filed yesterday by city unit BJP president Bandi Sanjay Kumar against Quadri for allegedly making the remarks at a meeting in Jagtial town recently.
"Additional Judicial Magistrate First Class Kshama Deshpande today directed the in-charge of Karimnagar Two Town police station to investigate the complaint and file report", said counsel for the complainant Bethi Mahender Reddy.
Kumar moved the court today alleging that police took no action on his complaint, he said.
"The comments made by Quadri, who represents Charminar Assembly constituency in Hyderabad, are hurting to the national integration. He (Quadri) be punished as per the law", the counsel added.
BJP president of Jagtial town on Thursday filed a complaint against the legislator for the remarks.
When contacted Jagtial town circle inspector said that police were awaiting the opinion of public prosecutor in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE