Andhra court rejects Janardhana Reddy`s bail plea
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Thursday dismissed the bail petitions of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy and managing director of Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) BV Srinivasa Reddy in an illegal mining case.
Justice KG Shankar, who had reserved his order last Friday, pronounced the ruling rejecting the bail petitions of both the accused.
The court agreed with the CBI`s argument that if released on bail, the accused could influence the witnesses and hamper the probe.
The mining baron and his brother-in-law Srinivasa Reddy had approached the High Court after their petitions were dismissed by the trial court.
They were arrested by the CBI from their home town Bellary in Karnataka in September 2011.
The case relates to illegal mining of iron ore in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh by OMC owned by Janardhana Reddy.
Janardhana Reddy is also an accused in cash for bail scam. He is accused of bribing a judge of the CBI court to get bail in OMC case. The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Andhra Pradesh last year arrested the judge, his son and several others in the sensational case.
The former Karnataka minister is also an accused in another illegal mining case in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in