Andhra deputy CM demands Kiran Reddy`s resignation
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha Monday demanded the immediate resignation of Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy for trying to move a resolution in the assembly to stall the formation of Telangana state.
The deputy chief minister, who hails from Telangana, said he would meet Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan to demand the sacking of Kiran Reddy.
Rajanarasimha told reporters that the chief minister had lost the confidence of the ministers from Telangana. "We no longer treat him as leader of the house," he said.
He alleged that by submitting a notice to the assembly speaker for moving a resolution to reject the Telangana bill, the chief minister had insulted the ministers from Telangana.
He said the fact that ministers from Telangana rushed to the well of the house shows that there was no government in the state.
Meanwhile, former president of the state Congress, D. Srinivas, met the governor and complained against the chief minister for trying to move a resolution to reject the bill sent by President Pranab Mukherjee.
The government chief whip in the assembly, G. Venkatramna Reddy, said both the chief minister and opposition leader N. Chandrababu Naidu were part of a conspiracy to stall the formation of Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS