Andhra division will spark water disputes: Mysoora Reddy
Kadapa (AP): Former TDP MP MV Mysoora Reddy on Saturday said keeping Krishna river basin as one unit was the only solution to avoid water disputes between Andhra Pradesh and proposed Telangana state.
"If the state is divided as proposed by CWC, serious water wars will break out and farmers of each and every district and taluks will be forced to fight with each other for water in future," he said at a seminar organised by Andhra Pradesh Union of Working Journalists, Kadapa district unit, here.
He said if the state is divided, projects like Jurala (Mahabub Nagar) Srisailam (Kurnool) and Nagarjuna Sagar (Nalgonda and Guntur) on river Krishna will be in jeopardy as they will become inter-state projects.
"Besides, proposed projects dependent on surplus water from Krishna basin in Rayalaseema region and in Nellore and Prakasam districts will be under jeopardy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi