Andhra division will spark water disputes: Mysoora Reddy
Kadapa (AP): Former TDP MP MV Mysoora Reddy on Saturday said keeping Krishna river basin as one unit was the only solution to avoid water disputes between Andhra Pradesh and proposed Telangana state.
"If the state is divided as proposed by CWC, serious water wars will break out and farmers of each and every district and taluks will be forced to fight with each other for water in future," he said at a seminar organised by Andhra Pradesh Union of Working Journalists, Kadapa district unit, here.
He said if the state is divided, projects like Jurala (Mahabub Nagar) Srisailam (Kurnool) and Nagarjuna Sagar (Nalgonda and Guntur) on river Krishna will be in jeopardy as they will become inter-state projects.
"Besides, proposed projects dependent on surplus water from Krishna basin in Rayalaseema region and in Nellore and Prakasam districts will be under jeopardy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?