Andhra division will spark water disputes: Mysoora Reddy
Kadapa (AP): Former TDP MP MV Mysoora Reddy on Saturday said keeping Krishna river basin as one unit was the only solution to avoid water disputes between Andhra Pradesh and proposed Telangana state.
"If the state is divided as proposed by CWC, serious water wars will break out and farmers of each and every district and taluks will be forced to fight with each other for water in future," he said at a seminar organised by Andhra Pradesh Union of Working Journalists, Kadapa district unit, here.
He said if the state is divided, projects like Jurala (Mahabub Nagar) Srisailam (Kurnool) and Nagarjuna Sagar (Nalgonda and Guntur) on river Krishna will be in jeopardy as they will become inter-state projects.
"Besides, proposed projects dependent on surplus water from Krishna basin in Rayalaseema region and in Nellore and Prakasam districts will be under jeopardy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested