Andhra division will spark water disputes: Mysoora Reddy
Kadapa (AP): Former TDP MP MV Mysoora Reddy on Saturday said keeping Krishna river basin as one unit was the only solution to avoid water disputes between Andhra Pradesh and proposed Telangana state.
"If the state is divided as proposed by CWC, serious water wars will break out and farmers of each and every district and taluks will be forced to fight with each other for water in future," he said at a seminar organised by Andhra Pradesh Union of Working Journalists, Kadapa district unit, here.
He said if the state is divided, projects like Jurala (Mahabub Nagar) Srisailam (Kurnool) and Nagarjuna Sagar (Nalgonda and Guntur) on river Krishna will be in jeopardy as they will become inter-state projects.
"Besides, proposed projects dependent on surplus water from Krishna basin in Rayalaseema region and in Nellore and Prakasam districts will be under jeopardy," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan