Andhra division will spark water disputes: Mysoora Reddy
Kadapa (AP): Former TDP MP MV Mysoora Reddy on Saturday said keeping Krishna river basin as one unit was the only solution to avoid water disputes between Andhra Pradesh and proposed Telangana state.
"If the state is divided as proposed by CWC, serious water wars will break out and farmers of each and every district and taluks will be forced to fight with each other for water in future," he said at a seminar organised by Andhra Pradesh Union of Working Journalists, Kadapa district unit, here.
He said if the state is divided, projects like Jurala (Mahabub Nagar) Srisailam (Kurnool) and Nagarjuna Sagar (Nalgonda and Guntur) on river Krishna will be in jeopardy as they will become inter-state projects.
"Besides, proposed projects dependent on surplus water from Krishna basin in Rayalaseema region and in Nellore and Prakasam districts will be under jeopardy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!