Andhra Floods: BJP demands Rs 15K/acre compensation to farmers
Vijayawada: The BJP has demanded that the state government should pay Rs 15,000 per acre as compensation to farmers for loss of their crops in the flood affected areas of Andhra Pradesh.
Before leaving for Krishna district to visit the flood affected areas, senior BJP leader Bandaru Dattatreya said that the demand by farmers for compensation was reasonable.
Now-a-days, the cost of investment by farmers has increased manifold, Dattatreya said, adding that compensation should be paid soon to enable the farmers to take up alternative crops immediately.
He said the government should assess the major cause of damage in the flood affected areas. Not all (loss) was due to natural calamity but also because of human failure and negligence by the government, the BJP leader alleged.
The funds allocated for irrigation maintenance were not sufficient and at the same time there was not adequate staff to take up maintenance works, he said while demanding that the government should allocate funds for irrigation maintenance as per the requirements.
He also demanded that all engineering vacancies in irrigation, panchayat raj, roads and buildings departments be filled so that proper maintenance can be done to avoid devastation at the time of natural calamities.
Dattatreya also demanded that the state Chief Minister should conduct a land survey in flood affected areas and meet the victims to assess the actual damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here