Andhra Floods: BJP demands Rs 15K/acre compensation to farmers
Vijayawada: The BJP has demanded that the state government should pay Rs 15,000 per acre as compensation to farmers for loss of their crops in the flood affected areas of Andhra Pradesh.
Before leaving for Krishna district to visit the flood affected areas, senior BJP leader Bandaru Dattatreya said that the demand by farmers for compensation was reasonable.
Now-a-days, the cost of investment by farmers has increased manifold, Dattatreya said, adding that compensation should be paid soon to enable the farmers to take up alternative crops immediately.
He said the government should assess the major cause of damage in the flood affected areas. Not all (loss) was due to natural calamity but also because of human failure and negligence by the government, the BJP leader alleged.
The funds allocated for irrigation maintenance were not sufficient and at the same time there was not adequate staff to take up maintenance works, he said while demanding that the government should allocate funds for irrigation maintenance as per the requirements.
He also demanded that all engineering vacancies in irrigation, panchayat raj, roads and buildings departments be filled so that proper maintenance can be done to avoid devastation at the time of natural calamities.
Dattatreya also demanded that the state Chief Minister should conduct a land survey in flood affected areas and meet the victims to assess the actual damage.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!