Andhra forest officials seize 534 sandalwood logs
Kadapa: Forest officials have seized around 534 red sanders (sandalwood) logs in four separate incidents in Kadapa district on Thursday.
Based on a tip-off, a lorry loaded with 154 red sanders logs was seized near Desettipalli forest checkpost, a forest ranger said.
In another incident, forest officials seized 120 red sanders logs near Gunjana South checkpost.
Another team of forest officials also found found 110 logs in a banana plantation, besides an additional 150 logs in a nearby farm.
The total value of the 534 logs seized is worth more than Rs 1 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan