Andhra: Forty fall sick after consuming `Prasad`
Karimnagar: As many as 40 people from Cherla Boothkur village in the district took ill due to suspected food poisoning after they consumed stale `Prasad` on the concluding day of Ganesh festival, police said.
The affected villagers were admitted to district hospital after they complained of vomiting and dizziness after eating `pulihora` (tamarind rice) prepared yesterday for the immersion procession of Ganesh idol, they said.
According to sources, many villagers ate the undistributed rice this morning.
The condition of all of those admitted is safe, a health official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'