Andhra: Forty fall sick after consuming `Prasad`
Karimnagar: As many as 40 people from Cherla Boothkur village in the district took ill due to suspected food poisoning after they consumed stale `Prasad` on the concluding day of Ganesh festival, police said.
The affected villagers were admitted to district hospital after they complained of vomiting and dizziness after eating `pulihora` (tamarind rice) prepared yesterday for the immersion procession of Ganesh idol, they said.
According to sources, many villagers ate the undistributed rice this morning.
The condition of all of those admitted is safe, a health official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy