Andhra gears up to tackle `rail roko` in Telangana
Hyderabad: Ahead of the three-day `rail roko`
by statehood activists in Telangana region from October 9,
police and railway authorities in the state on Wednesday deliberated
upon an elaborate action plan to tackle the proposed stir.
Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy, senior
officials of South Central Railway and police department
discussed a plan of action that included a three-tier
(security) bandobast to protect passengers, trains and rail
assets. It was decided to deploy additional forces at stations
and along the rail routes in all Telangana districts.
The high-level coordination meeting decided on setting
up control rooms, to be manned by senior railway and police
officials, for real time exchange of information and to
undertake appropriate action, officials said.
The meet deliberated on pressing into operation pilot
trains. The railways will work out a scheme for diversion of
trains and early termination of them, depending on the
situation, while ensuring minimum passenger inconvenience.
It was further decided to undertake thorough patrolling
to prevent any sabotage, according to Additional Director
General (Law and Order) S A Huda.
The DGP also held a detailed meeting with senior
police officers, including Commissioners of Hyderabad and
Cyberabad, Huda said in a release.
The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) which
observed a 36-hour rail blockade last month, has given the
`rail roko` call as part of the ongoing `Sakala Janula
Samme`(strike by all sections of society) demanding statehood
to the region.
Meanwhile, South Central Railway (In-charge) General
Manager Vijay Mohan met Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at
the Secretariat here and discussed security arrangments and
alternative measures to be taken in view of the rail stir.
Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Mohan said
diversion of trains, which had been put in place during the
last month`s blockade, was among the plans that were likely to
be taken up to tackle the proposed rail roko.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter