Andhra govt announces Rs 15 lakh assistance for SC/ST students
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday announced an assistance of Rs 15 lakh for the SC/ST students who intend to pursue professional post graduation studies abroad.
"Of Rs 15 lakh, Rs 10 lakh will be the grant from new government scheme named after Dr BR Ambedkar and the rest Rs 5 lakh will be provided as loan from banks", Reddy said addressing a gathering at Karvetinagaram in Chittoor district on the occasion of 122th birth anniversary of Dalit icon BR Ambedkar.
Meanwhile, several top leaders paid homage to Ambedkar in Hyderabad and across the state.
Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi, Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha, apart from state ministers and leaders spanning major political parties, garlanded the statue of Ambedkar here to mark the occasion.
Ambedkar Jayanti celebrations were also organised in the offices of various political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security