Andhra govt announces Rs 15 lakh assistance for SC/ST students
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday announced an assistance of Rs 15 lakh for the SC/ST students who intend to pursue professional post graduation studies abroad.
"Of Rs 15 lakh, Rs 10 lakh will be the grant from new government scheme named after Dr BR Ambedkar and the rest Rs 5 lakh will be provided as loan from banks", Reddy said addressing a gathering at Karvetinagaram in Chittoor district on the occasion of 122th birth anniversary of Dalit icon BR Ambedkar.
Meanwhile, several top leaders paid homage to Ambedkar in Hyderabad and across the state.
Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi, Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha, apart from state ministers and leaders spanning major political parties, garlanded the statue of Ambedkar here to mark the occasion.
Ambedkar Jayanti celebrations were also organised in the offices of various political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani