Andhra govt announces Rs 15 lakh assistance for SC/ST students
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday announced an assistance of Rs 15 lakh for the SC/ST students who intend to pursue professional post graduation studies abroad.
"Of Rs 15 lakh, Rs 10 lakh will be the grant from new government scheme named after Dr BR Ambedkar and the rest Rs 5 lakh will be provided as loan from banks", Reddy said addressing a gathering at Karvetinagaram in Chittoor district on the occasion of 122th birth anniversary of Dalit icon BR Ambedkar.
Meanwhile, several top leaders paid homage to Ambedkar in Hyderabad and across the state.
Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi, Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha, apart from state ministers and leaders spanning major political parties, garlanded the statue of Ambedkar here to mark the occasion.
Ambedkar Jayanti celebrations were also organised in the offices of various political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"