Andhra govt announces Rs 15 lakh assistance for SC/ST students
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday announced an assistance of Rs 15 lakh for the SC/ST students who intend to pursue professional post graduation studies abroad.
"Of Rs 15 lakh, Rs 10 lakh will be the grant from new government scheme named after Dr BR Ambedkar and the rest Rs 5 lakh will be provided as loan from banks", Reddy said addressing a gathering at Karvetinagaram in Chittoor district on the occasion of 122th birth anniversary of Dalit icon BR Ambedkar.
Meanwhile, several top leaders paid homage to Ambedkar in Hyderabad and across the state.
Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi, Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha, apart from state ministers and leaders spanning major political parties, garlanded the statue of Ambedkar here to mark the occasion.
Ambedkar Jayanti celebrations were also organised in the offices of various political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days