Andhra govt announces Rs 15 lakh assistance for SC/ST students
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday announced an assistance of Rs 15 lakh for the SC/ST students who intend to pursue professional post graduation studies abroad.
"Of Rs 15 lakh, Rs 10 lakh will be the grant from new government scheme named after Dr BR Ambedkar and the rest Rs 5 lakh will be provided as loan from banks", Reddy said addressing a gathering at Karvetinagaram in Chittoor district on the occasion of 122th birth anniversary of Dalit icon BR Ambedkar.
Meanwhile, several top leaders paid homage to Ambedkar in Hyderabad and across the state.
Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi, Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha, apart from state ministers and leaders spanning major political parties, garlanded the statue of Ambedkar here to mark the occasion.
Ambedkar Jayanti celebrations were also organised in the offices of various political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city