Andhra govt decides to ban gutkha
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday decided to impose ban on sale of gutkha, pan masala and other such tobacco products in the state.
State Commissioner of Food Safety had requested the government to permit him to impose ban on gutkha, pan masala and other chewable products, a Government Order (GO) issued today said.
The government, after examination of the request, permitted the Commissioner of Food Safety today to prohibit the manufacture, storage, sale and distribution of gutkha and pan masala containing tobacco or nicotine as ingredients, in the interest of public health.
Civil society activists and others had earlier requested the government to ban the sale of gutkha and pan masala in the state in public interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP