Andhra govt decides to ban gutkha
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday decided to impose ban on sale of gutkha, pan masala and other such tobacco products in the state.
State Commissioner of Food Safety had requested the government to permit him to impose ban on gutkha, pan masala and other chewable products, a Government Order (GO) issued today said.
The government, after examination of the request, permitted the Commissioner of Food Safety today to prohibit the manufacture, storage, sale and distribution of gutkha and pan masala containing tobacco or nicotine as ingredients, in the interest of public health.
Civil society activists and others had earlier requested the government to ban the sale of gutkha and pan masala in the state in public interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest