Andhra govt decides to ban gutkha
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday decided to impose ban on sale of gutkha, pan masala and other such tobacco products in the state.
State Commissioner of Food Safety had requested the government to permit him to impose ban on gutkha, pan masala and other chewable products, a Government Order (GO) issued today said.
The government, after examination of the request, permitted the Commissioner of Food Safety today to prohibit the manufacture, storage, sale and distribution of gutkha and pan masala containing tobacco or nicotine as ingredients, in the interest of public health.
Civil society activists and others had earlier requested the government to ban the sale of gutkha and pan masala in the state in public interest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed