Andhra govt rejects Oppn criticism on power tariff
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra
Pradesh on Tuesday rubbished the Opposition`s claim that power
tariff will be hiked substantially.
"It is far from reality to say that the government is
going to increase power tariff by crores of rupees," Congress
Whip in the Assembly K Murali Mohan told reporters here.
"The debate (about possible tariff hike) is still on. It
is not correct to say that a decision in this regard has
already been made," Primary Education Minister S Sailajanath
They were referring to the criticism of main Opposition
TDP and Left parties over the government`s reported move to
raise electricity charges. The Left parties held protests at
some places over the issue today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre