Andhra govt rejects Oppn criticism on power tariff
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra
Pradesh on Tuesday rubbished the Opposition`s claim that power
tariff will be hiked substantially.
"It is far from reality to say that the government is
going to increase power tariff by crores of rupees," Congress
Whip in the Assembly K Murali Mohan told reporters here.
"The debate (about possible tariff hike) is still on. It
is not correct to say that a decision in this regard has
already been made," Primary Education Minister S Sailajanath
They were referring to the criticism of main Opposition
TDP and Left parties over the government`s reported move to
raise electricity charges. The Left parties held protests at
some places over the issue today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?