Andhra govt to develop Vizag district as tourism hub: Minister
Visakhapatnam: The Andhra Pradesh government has decided to develop the picturesque and heritage-rich port city of Visakhapatnam and the district as a tourism hub.
"The state government had already started work to develop beaches between Bheemili and Visakhapatnam at a cost of Rs 50 crore, which will be completed soon," HRD Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao told reporters yesterday after flagging off the `leisure night package tour` bus launched by the state Tourism Development Corporation (APTDC) here.
The bus covers places like Submarine Museum, Rishikonda, Kailasagiri Hill and Shilparamam Jatara in the city.
Rao said the district has a number of natural beaches and is also rich in culture and heritage. "It (the district) has Buddhist centres, the picturesque Araku valley, Borra caves and Erramatti Dibbalu (red sand dunes) which could be developed as tourists places," he added.
The minister also said that Visakhapatnam city has a lot of potential to be developed like Singapore.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you