Andhra Gram Panchayat officer held for bribery
Hyderabad: An executive officer and a junior assistant attached with a gram panchayat in Karim Nagar district of Andhra Pradesh were on Thursday arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in a bribery case.
P Surya Prakash, Executive Officer and L Janardhana Reddy, Junior Assistant of Choppadandi gram panayat were caught red handed at their office when they demanded and accepted Rs 25,000 as bribe from the complainant for doing an official favour, an ACB release said.
The duo is being produced before the Principal Special Judge for ACB cases here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre