Andhra Gram Panchayat officer held for bribery
Hyderabad: An executive officer and a junior assistant attached with a gram panchayat in Karim Nagar district of Andhra Pradesh were on Thursday arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in a bribery case.
P Surya Prakash, Executive Officer and L Janardhana Reddy, Junior Assistant of Choppadandi gram panayat were caught red handed at their office when they demanded and accepted Rs 25,000 as bribe from the complainant for doing an official favour, an ACB release said.
The duo is being produced before the Principal Special Judge for ACB cases here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement