Andhra Gram Panchayat officer held for bribery
Hyderabad: An executive officer and a junior assistant attached with a gram panchayat in Karim Nagar district of Andhra Pradesh were on Thursday arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in a bribery case.
P Surya Prakash, Executive Officer and L Janardhana Reddy, Junior Assistant of Choppadandi gram panayat were caught red handed at their office when they demanded and accepted Rs 25,000 as bribe from the complainant for doing an official favour, an ACB release said.
The duo is being produced before the Principal Special Judge for ACB cases here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!