Andhra Gram Panchayat officer held for bribery
Hyderabad: An executive officer and a junior assistant attached with a gram panchayat in Karim Nagar district of Andhra Pradesh were on Thursday arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in a bribery case.
P Surya Prakash, Executive Officer and L Janardhana Reddy, Junior Assistant of Choppadandi gram panayat were caught red handed at their office when they demanded and accepted Rs 25,000 as bribe from the complainant for doing an official favour, an ACB release said.
The duo is being produced before the Principal Special Judge for ACB cases here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged