Andhra HC adjourns hearing on Raju`s bail plea
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court Thursday adjourned the hearing on the bail petition of B. Ramalinga Raju, the prime accused in the multi-crore Satyam fraud case.
Justice Raja Elango adjourned the hearing to Aug 12 as the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sought time to file counter-reply to the bail plea of the former Satyam Computer Services Limited chairman.
Raju, who is undergoing treatment for Hepatitis C at the government-run Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) here, filed the bail petition last week as the court has granted bail to rest of the accused in the case.
The court July 20 granted bail to five accused, including Ramalinga Raju`s brother and former managing director of Satyam, B. Rama Raju, and former chief financial officer Vadlamani Srinivas.
The courts had earlier granted bail to three accused while Ramalinga Raju`s another brother B. Surayanarayana Raju had obtained anticipatory bail last year.
Ramalinga Raju shocked corporate India in January last year by admitting to Rs.7,800 crore accounting fraud in the IT major.
The CBI, however, told the court in November last year that the scam is of over Rs.14,000 crore.
All the accused are facing charges of criminal conspiracy, criminal breach of trust, cheating, forgery and falsification of accounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...